About Me

My photo
My name is Nicki and I am a mother and wife. My Husband and I live in Iowa in our first home with our son Alex, our 3 dogs and my cat. We are animal lovers and love everything about old time living and try to be as self sufficient as we can be. My sister and I grew up out in the country with no electricity and we loved it! How many 23 year old women do you hear that from? Not many I'm just crazy or so Ive been told. I am always learning new crafts because I get bored easily, right now I am learning how to knit but my real passion is starting my own herbal soap and healing salve making business with my mom, Woods Edge Creations.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Comfrey (Symphytum officinale)


Comfrey is in my veiw a wonderful herb that has been used for centuries. Comfrey's genus name, symphytum, means to bring together, and comfrey is an amazing wound healer, being high in allantoin, a constituent that encourages cell regeneration.
Used externally, comfrey is completely safe, even for babies, and it is in its use as a wound dressing that comfrey's magic shines through. It is a popular addition to herbal salves and ointments, which can be used for bruises, sprains, eczama, swellings and burns. We have used comfrey salve for years and are now offering it for sale! We have used it on burns, dry skin, diaper rash, for our dogs hot spots, for any sores or cuts on us and our animals! This is defiantly something to keep in your medicine chest!

No comments:

Post a Comment